Tomato Soup – Original recipe found on http://www.ukthermomix.com/recipes.php which credits original recipe source to Adela Forestier Walker
This is what I have done with a few tweaks and it tastes divine and a big winner with adults and kids alike
It really is the ripeness of the tomatoes and the flavor of the tomatoes that makes the soup.
30 g butter
1 small onion, peeled and halved
1 clove garlic
500 g ripe vine Cherry Tomatoes
300 g water
2 tblspns Vege Stock Paste (from edc)
½ tsp balsamic vinegar
freshly ground pepper
50 g tomato paste (try my recipe)
50g of potato, peeled and diced into very tiny pieces.
1. Heat butter 1 minute/100°C/Speed 2.
2. Add oinion and garlic. Chop a few seconds at Speed 5 then cook 3 minutes/100°C/Speed 1.
3. Add tomatoes. Chop a few seconds at Speed 5. Add stock, water, balsamic vinegar, pepper, tomato paste and diced potato.
4. Cook 10 minutes/100°C/Speed 1.
5. Check potato is fully cooked. If not, cook longer until it is.
6. Blend 40 seconds/Speed 10.